Skip to main content

A New Chapter


Life has changed a lot in the past few years. I still remember that day in March of 2020 when I was told by my superintendent that our school would be shutting down for two weeks. I thought, "This is awesome, I could really use a break!" Maybe you relate to this? Now we all know this two week "pause" turned into a few years of unknowns and challenges unlike anything most of us have seen in our life time. To say it's been tough would be an understatement. 

Here's the thing, sometimes it's in the toughest stuff that we end up growing the most. It sure doesn't feel like it when we're knee deep in the thick of it, but later we gain perspective. I remember feeling anger like I've never felt before and anxiety I didn't even know I was capable of. It was in the midst of this that a new chapter of my story-and yours was being written. A story of resilience and overcoming we didn't know we had in us. It was during this time I rediscovered a love of art and a recognization that I need to do a better job of taking care of my mental health. I had no idea that what started as ordering a scripture doodle book on Amazon would turn into a positive platform I didn't know would be part of my story. 

You've got a story too, and you get up and work on writing it each day. It may feel like a really messy first draft with lots of typos and marks from erasing, but that's ok. It's in the typos where the magic happens. It's in the erasing that you learn and get better.  So what are you going to add to your story today? What impact do you hope to leave? You've got this!


Comments